Thursday, June 22, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 682: Fun with power tools

We powered up the air compressor and installed all of the quarter rounds. Next up: caulking and re-painting over the caulk lines. We also installed the risers where there's a step down into the kitchen.

We have a piano moving company coming tomorrow morning to see if they can get a piano up our staircase. The first company said no, but they are reputed for turning jobs down if they seem to difficult. We made an offer on a piano but are waiting to see if we can actually get it in the apartment!

Ivy participated in a multi-school reading competition. There were 4 schools, each with 4 finalists. She read in the Theatre National de Nice, in the new Salles des Franciscains. She made it to the final round with 3 other people.


Eric and I took a quick trip to the beach in the afternoon, right when a storm system rolled in and thunder was rumbling in the distance. I was going to swim...but then it started sprinkling and I decided to go in. I passed Zari on the way home--she actually swam! I wish I'd gone, actually.

I've been feeling weird the past few days--tired, slightly nauseated, slightly hot, skin that feels prickly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...