Monday, September 28, 2020

American ??? day 48:

9,597 steps 

Mmmmm, another delicious dinner courtesy of Inga. She chose another Italian recipe: pork loin with juniper berries and bay leaves. We seared a pork loin in bacon fat, then added 2 chopped onions, 10 bay leaves, 1 Tbsp crushed juniper berries, and 2 cloves. Add 1 1/2 cups of white wine, cover, and simmer for 1 1/4 hours. Then take out the juniper berries and bay leaves and puree the remaining juices & onions into a sauce. Add salt to taste. Yum! 



Dessert was strawberries dipped in dark & white chocolate. We made a few hearts with the leftover chocolate. 






I got wise and fasted until 3 pm today, and then only ate a light snack, to be sure I wouldn't eat too much! (I usually fast until 1-2 pm.) 

I finished one of my Goddess creations (planned to be a series of 3). This is Te Fiti island. You know, from Moana 🙂 





Goddess #2, Pele, is almost finished except for one color of thread that will be highlights in her hair. I can't find this thread anywhere locally. 

And I haven't decided on my third Goddess. Maybe sun, moon, or water? If anyone has ideas or images to share, please let me know. 

Inga came up to me today: "Mama! Look at this hairstyle I invented for Ivy." Not bad!



1 comment:

  1. The goddess Nāmaka "appears as a sea goddess or a water spirit in the Pele cycle. She is an older sister of Pele." (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81maka) If you're looking to draw from a broader set of deities, the Goddess Oracle deck (illustrated by Hrana Janto) has some lovely ideas: http://www.hranajanto.com/goddessgallery/GGF-go.html.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...