Tuesday, January 26, 2010

9 months old!

It seems like I just posted Dio's 8 month update...Here's a picture from today.

He can crawl backwards (while trying to go forwards) and in circles. It's the forward movement part he's still figuring out. Eric said he did it today when I was out of the room. He still loves standing up on the furniture and walking around the house holding onto our fingers.


Dio loves to throw things. Balls, of course, but any object will do. If you give him too much food at a time on his high chair tray, he'll happily toss everything onto the floor. A favorite game involves him standing up holding onto the ottoman, throwing little bean bags onto the floor while Zari puts them back up as fast as she can. He also likes to roll a ball back and forth, his legs making a V with mine.

When he sees us eating, he opens and closes his mouth like a fish, smacking his lips. After a period of only nursing while we were all sick over the holidays, he's back to eating with gusto. Today, for example, he had bananas, apples, bread, dried apricots, black beans, and carrots and potatoes from the beef stew we were eating.

Nights are okay. He goes to bed at 7 pm, and wakes up to nurse around 11 pm, 2 am, and 5 am. Then he's up for the morning around 7-7:30 am. Not terrible, although if he spaced out all of his night nursings to 4 hours apart I wouldn't complain. Dio is such a morning person. He's so excited every morning to be awake: he talks, wiggles, plays with the blinds, scratches my face. As soon as I turn to look at him, he lights up with a huge grin. Zari, on the other hand, usually wakes up looking half comatose, blinking the sleep away.

I have pretty much stopped Zari's afternoon naps, so she goes to bed right at 7 pm too. While I like having both kids nap at the same time, I've decided that I like having the evening time even more (if Zari napps, she won't fall asleep until 8:30 or 9 pm). Dio naps twice a day: around 10 am and 1 pm.

2 comments:

  1. My son has also been crawling backwards for a while now. He's my first child and I had NO idea that babies did that first, quite often. I thought he was just weird...Haha. This past week he has just started the forward movement. Exciting!

    Dio is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill probably never stop saying it but he is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...