Monday, May 01, 2017

Cinque Terre day 3: Manarola to Riomaggiore

Ivy woke up with a high fever. But fevers do not keep the Freezes from hiking! I put her in the Ergo and she snuggled in, singing to me the entire hike.

Getting to Manarola was an adventure. The first road we took ended with a sign saying "Road closed--risk of death." So we turned around and found another route. We had to drive back down to Vernazza, up another mountain, then down to Manarola.

The lower hike between the two villages is still closed, so we took trail #531. It goes straight up the mountain that separates the two cities. It's the steepest hike I have ever done. It was spectacular. And, thankfully, short.

Ivy rode the train back to Manarola with my mom, so the return hike was much easier.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so enjoy these videos you make. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...