Monday, July 10, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 691: Too tired, too hot

15,295 steps

I've been sleeping poorly, waking up between 4am-6am this past week. I don't know if it's the heat or the noise or something else. But it's annoying.

I made myself stay in bed until 8 am and then I stumbled out and forced myself to go running. This was not a day that I particularly enjoyed it--sooooo hot--but at least I got myself moving. I jumped into the sea at the end of the run and had fun watching a man and his dog throwing a small ball far out onto the water and then both swimming after it.

I miss having a dog. Every day of their existince is sheer joy at simple things. Maybe if we settle in one place, we could get one. But for now, we simply can't.

Another heat wave today, high of 32 C. I ddin't get to cool off in the late afternoon like I usually do. I don't like too much air conditioning and I hate being cold in the summer...but I have to admit, just a touch would be heavenly right now!

We sent the kids out in the morning to play soccer or do whatevery else they wanted outside. Eric went for a run and then for a swim. I had several household items to buy at Carrefour TNL.

We did more deep cleaning in the afternoon, scrubbing down walls with Magic Erasers. We watched several more episodes of The Good Place.

Eric went spearfishing in the afternoon and came home with a giant dorade!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...