Friday, July 14, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 695: Revisiting The Bad Place for nothing

The house still looks like a tornado went through it because the more we pack and clean, the messier it gets...until suddenly it looks great. We're definitely not at the "looking great" part yet.

All of us went running today--me before everyone else woke up, and the rest of the pack a bit later in the morning. Dio is now faster than Eric--and that's no small feat! Dio has an effortless stride that is insanely fast. I think he'd be amazing at cross country if he ever wanted to switch sports.

I am ashamed to admit it, but I had a convocation at the Prefecture so I went there today to pick up my own visa. When I go there on a surprisingly uncrowded tram, a man came up to me and asked when the Prefrecture would be open. I told him it's normally at 1 pm. And then...I had this sinking feeling...it's Bastille Day. Of course! They are closed closed, not "lunchtime" closed.

(To my credit, I wasn't the only one who'd made the same mistake. The man I talked to had even looked up the hours on the website and it didn't say anything about being closed today.)

So back home I went. Gah.

We packed and cleaned and then watched A Quite Place. Eric had already seen it, so he went swimming.

I gave a Grand Rounds presentation to Aurora Sinai Medical Center in Milwaukee. Eric took the kids out, plus another kid we were babysitting, so I could have a quiet house for 2 hours.

Dinner was escargot (snails), broccoli, and what we call "breakfast burritos" (scramble an egg, throw a tortilla, wrap, or flat bread on top before it's cooked, flip over and put whatever other yummy things you like inside or on top).

We made the 3 youngest kids go back upstairs tonight to sleep. They've been down here for 2 nights, but that means very late bedtimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...