It started when our house was being rented. My maintenance guy went over, used every chemical known to human kind, remove the toilet, and snaked the drain all the way to outside the house. Nothing. No reason for it not to flush.
It kept plugging.
We got back to the States. It kept plugging. Even a small bit of toilet paper would refuse to go down. Water would slowly leak past and with 4-5 plunging sessions, the water would eventually grudgingly clear.
I was talking with my maintenance man today, saying, "I bet that there's something stuck in the trap of the toilet. This happened to my dad back when my sister was baby--he had a toilet that just wouldn't flush, tried everything he could think of, and finally took the toilet out. there was a spoon wedged deep in the siphon."
So tonight...I geared myself up and stuck my hand down the toilet. Yes, the joys of being an adult. Just about 1" in, I hit something almost completely blocking the passageway from one side to another. I worked at if for a while until I got it loose.
Voila. The culprit. Exactly the right size to fit the entire width of the toilet siphon and not budge.
~~~
So what else is new? We all got woken up at 3:30 am by a tremendous flash of light and thunderclap. I never managed to fall back asleep. There were thunderstorms on and off the rest of the night, but nothing quite as loud as what woke us all up.
More storms rolling in throughout the day. On the up side, it's a great time to pull weeds because the soil is soaked and loose. I did a bit of weeding this evening.
Oh...and it's our 28th anniversary today! We went out to eat at a local Peruvian/Mexican restaurant. We don't have any fancy places to eat in town, but this one is decent for basic dishes and tacos.
Dio, Inga, and Inga's best friend went to a football game and then to a restaurant. I love seeing them do things together. Ivy is at a sleepover. We have soccer games (Dio) and soccer practice (Ivy and Inga) tomorrow. Dio sprained his ankle today, so he probably won't be playing.

0 comments:
Post a Comment