Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Busy

I've been busy working on something that is top secret...so for now, I will share a review of Laura Keegan's book Breastfeeding with Comfort and Joy at Feminist Childbirth Studies. I love this part, describing the changes in her breasts during pregnancy:
My breasts felt full and odd, and I was convinced that the only thing that would make them feel right was to grow that fetus into a baby, get him or her out, and get him or her latched on. So my body convinced me that it would be okay ... indeed, that it would feel really good.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I know exactly what she means. I felt that way while I was pregnant, too, though I hadn't actually put words to it. There were times when I craved having a baby to latch on and relieve the growing pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I never felt anything like that. I just hoped it wouldn't go away after the baby was born/stopped breastfeeding. ;)

    But I think I understand where she's coming from. I do feel there is a greater purpose to my breasts than to just get huge...and that be it. I look forward to breastfeeding again. Willem still latches on every now and then, for comfort mostly.
    It will be nice to have a little itty bitty baby suckling again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I feel that way whenever I see other women's babies, pregnant myself or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyyy -- congratulations, Ms. Award Winner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...