Thursday, March 26, 2020

French quarantine day 7

4,417 steps

I took a day off and didn't make the kids do any school. Instead, they spent all day building and then playing with a marble race track (Ivy's other birthday present).


I finished preparing our taxes and sent them off to our tax person! (If you need a recommendation, email me. She's amazing. She does taxes for people all over the US and is a fraction of the price of commercial tax prep places.)

Now I have to do the Breech Without Borders taxes.

Maybe I'll do make a quarantine tiramisu tomorrow...I have all the ingredients in my cupboard.

I need some good book recommendations, especially if they are on Kindle Unlimited or Hoopla. Bonus for escapist fiction...you know, the kind of reading you might do when you're on vacation and just wanting to enjoy life and pass the time.

1 comment:

  1. For escapist fiction, I'm loving Taylor Jenkins Reid. She wrote Daisy Jones and the Six (fantastic), Maybe in Another Life (very light read, but so so so good), and I'm going to read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo next. Also, if you want something with some steam, I read Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert, which I definitely recommend. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang was excellent, I thought, and I want to read more by her.

    If you like mysteries, I think the Bess Crawford series by Charles Todd (a mother/son writing team) is really excellent. Good mysteries that keep me turning the pages, but they're not gory or deep.

    Speaking of mysteries, the Robert Galbraith books are some of my favorite of all time. Galbraith is the pseudonym for J. K. Rowling. I listen to those books on audio; the narrator is great. I also love Tana French, and her books are particularly good on audio, since her books take place in Ireland. They're mysteries that are more character driven than plot driven. Her second book, The Likeness, is one of my all time favorite books.

    I can recommend more, if you need. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...