Monday, November 30, 2020

French quarantine 2.0, day 10

16,989 steps 

Eric and I are both exhausted! I can't stay awake if I sit down. I went running, then carried 100 Euros of groceries home, and went on a walk this evening. And Eric found a garage to tow our car to, ran there to pick up the car, went spearfishing, and went on a walk. 

Oh--update on our car. So after getting it towed to a garage this morning, we finally heard back. They ran all sorts of tests and guess what it was? The key! 

Our key had come apart at some point, so the actual metal key part was separated from the part with the electronic buttons. Apparently if the pieces of the key are not together, it will lock the whole car down and not let anything happen. I'm surprised the dépanneur didn't know that. 

So for now, our key is taped together and our car works! I need to find the little button that fell out (whatever it's called, I have no idea, but it's the button you press that makes the key flick out). 

The kids saw this fun salmon & zucchini flower, so we made it for dinner tonight. It looks easy but was actually tricky in real life. 

The zucchini part was very heavy and thick. It did NOT roll up neatly! I baked it for at least 35 minutes before putting it on top of the salmon. And it still wasn't cooked through after 20 more minutes of cooking! But despite it not looking great, it tasted good. 



I actually think it would work better to do these in little individual ramekins. You'd bake the zucchini part first and leave spot in the middle for a piece of salmon. Then when the zucchini flower was almost done, put the salmon in and finish baking. I've made "apple roses" this way and they turn out beautifully. Along with this tart, we ate fondue & baguettes and pain au chocolat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...