Saturday, November 28, 2020

French quarantine 2.0, day 8

9,156 steps 

I normally shop at Lidl, but this morning I went to Aldi to buy a few special items I've been keeping my eye on. One of them was a kitchen mixer. It looks kind of like a flattened KitchenAid. A little gift for myself as I use my hand mixer all the time and often find myself wanting something more powerful. 

In the late afternoon we watched Interstellar. After the movie was done, we were all sniffling and wiping our eyes. Inga said, "The end of the movie was just so...happy!" and threw herself sobbing into Eric's arms. She feels things so strongly. 

We repaired our leather club chair today--broken courtesy of one of our Airbnb guests. We had to cut apart some of the interior upholstery to get into the "guts" of the chair. It needed some major reinforcement. But we managed to put it back together. A few parts would look a bit better with a staple gun (on my "to-buy" list) but for now it works and looks good. 

I hung up two rows of coat hooks on our back door. Our tiny coat closet ran out of space for everyone's coats, jackets, and backpacks. So now the backpacks and winter coats go in the back hallway on the back door. 

Before the movie, Eric was getting super irritated with the kids--too much noise! So he sent them all to the park and joined them once we were done repairing the chair. Inga practiced her ball juggling skills and Ivy learned some dance moves.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...