Wednesday, December 23, 2020

French renovations, day 2

9,243 steps 

I was all eager to get to work on dismantling the large ceiling beams...but Eric was tied up all day and the job definitely needed two adults.

I settled for reconnecting the two fluorescent light fixtures that got knocked loose. The first one I put up out of the way on a wall, and the second one on the large beam. We don't have circuit breakers, just one large box that turns the whole apartment on or off. So I shut off the power, put on a headlamp, and went to work! 

The first light fixture doesn't turn on and I don't want to spend the energy to fix it--it's just a placeholder anyway. It's weird because it's still sending power to the second fixture. 

We inherited a halogen construction light with a broken bulb. I put a new one in...didn't work. I then took the whole light apart, checking every wire and every connection. Everything looked good. Next I took the plug apart (someone had put on a replacement plug). The neutral wire was disconnected. I put it back together...still didn't work! At that point I gave up. The light will go into the giveaway area on our street. Someone else can give it a go. 

Tonight I found a nice used floor lamp for 3 Euros with both "up" and "down" arms. This will be our new construction light. And I even have both sizes of LED light bulbs! 

What else from today? Zari had another practice at Cavigal and played really well. The girls welcomed her in, including one girl who, several years ago, used to tease her mercilessly and call her "cochon." 

Dinner was steamed broccoli & sourdough pancakes...because why not? I will be cooking a lot the next two days and didn't want to do anything too involved. Zari helped me make a tiramisu for tomorrow's dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...