Sunday, September 22, 2024

Homecoming dance

Forgot to write yesterday...here are a few pictures from yesterday's homecoming dance. I thought the wool cap was a nice touch, and Zari's date told her, "I think you were the best dressed girl there." Awwww.




When I dropped them off at the high school, I noticed that the current fashion was sparkles and sequins. So many sparkles.

Apparently it was very loud and Zari remarked that no one really danced: "They just jumped up and down a lot and sang along with the songs." Welcome to dancing in 2024. On the way home to drop her date off, I told them about our college days when we'd go swing dancing and how I took all sorts of ballroom dance classes. (Oh, and Irish dancing, too! But that's a different sort of dance, more performative than interactive.)

We had rain and cooler temperatures today. Ahhhh...Ivy had a game and they lost 1-0. We had a relaxed afternoon and watched 3 episodes of Andor. It's riveting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...