Friday, September 20, 2024

Homecoming!

For the first time ever, our children all experienced high school Homecoming. They are all mystified by American football. Same for me. "It takes forever and nothing happens!" Zari said. But they went and enjoyed themselves with friends. It helps that it was quite warm, meaning they didn't get cold at all when the sun went down.

The kids asked me why it's called homecoming and why we even have such a thing called homecoming and honestly, I don't know. 'Murica.

Another huge soccer weekend spanning from east of Indianapolis all the way to Cinncinnati, Ohio!

I gave a lecture for the University of Utah's Project ECHO series. It was fun and sparked many good conversations. Since I have lots of personal ties to Utah (my grandfather was a civil engineering professor at Utah State, I did my undergrad in UT), I was a bit more keyed up going into it. A lot is at stake! I think we may be able to bring some substantive changes to that part of the country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...