Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Inga and I got home at 10:20 pm from her soccer practice. I'm glad I was able to stay alert during the drive there and back. I've had really disuprted sleep the past two nights.

I did a lot of breech computer work (creating volume 3 of our clinical scenarios). Then it was time for a change of pace, so I hauled out our power tools and started installing the shiplap (nickel gap) siding in our carriage house.

I had to scribe the first line of siding since the floor slopes, dips and curves. I also had to rip some 2x4s in half to create 2x2s and sister them onto one of then wall that had been framed as a 2x4 wall, rather than a 2x6 like the rest of the walls. Then I could finally start putting the siding up! I am proud of my scribing job--the first line fits perfectly on all 3 walls. I couldn't have done it with out a laser level.

We're getting a new approach poured and our carriage house doors adjusted. Then we will finally, after more than 13 years, be able to use the garage to park our door and close the garage doors!

Here's to hoping I can sleep better tonight.

Zari had a home game, winning 2-0. She scored one of the two goals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...