Friday, January 11, 2008

More food for thought

Thank you, Kneelingwoman, for your detailed, thoughtful, and honest post. I have too many thoughts swirling around in my head to get them all out right now, but I love how you (and many of the commentors, too., even the ones raising gentle dissent) have raised so many complex issues. We all have one common goal--the wellbeing of mothers and babies--although the means to that end may at times conflict and at other times intersect. And that's okay, too, as long as one group's means doesn't wreak wholescale havoc on the bodies, spirits, or emotions of the mothers and babies it affects. I don't want fewer options and choices; I want more. I want every birth choice, from repeat cesarean to unassisted birth, to be chosen freely and in the spirit of love and confidence, not fear.

2 comments:

  1. 'Twas a beautiful post! And the comments were great too. So many thoughtful, intelligent women! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree. I just was reading this blog http://labortrials.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/musings-on-birth-safety/ earlier today and it made me finally write what has been mulling around in my mind in regards to fear and birth. http://enjoybirth.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/fear-and-birth/
    God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and love and a strong mind. What better place to come from in regards to birth than fear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...