Saturday, October 10, 2009

How many midwives...?

...does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, according to Erik Lee in Bossy Midwives. Sometimes we just need to lighten up a bit when we talk about birth. I think you'll enjoy his thoughts. A teaser:
An anesthesiologist, an OB, and a midwife walked into a bar. The anesthesiologist ordered a pitcher of stout and a double burger; the OB ordered a Reuben and a bottle of red wine; the midwife ordered their biggest plate of steak and fries with a margarita. They all sat in a booth and shared war stories.

A long time passed, and the three realized something had gone wrong with their order. They decided to find out what the problem was. They found the busboy just behind the swinging double doors to the kitchen. He was struggling to get their overloaded cart from the tiled kitchen to the carpeted dining area. The wheels kept catching on the bump.

The anesthesiologist kneeled down and examined the tires. “You just need to inject something here in the back,” he announced. “Then everything will go better.”

The OB leaned down to look at the carpet. “This part of the carpet is blocking the cart,” he announced. “Give me a knife and I’ll just give it a little cut to help it along.”

The midwife leaned over to the busboy and whispered loudly in his ear, “You can do this! Just PUSH!”

Read the rest here.

9 comments:

  1. That is Hilarious! (and so true!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a great article! And for once I wasn't misquoted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just awesome!! Reminds me of a joke I heard once from a midwife friend of mine:

    How many midwives does it take to change a lightbulb?

    The answer: Ten.

    One to change the lightbulb and 9 to keep the OB/GYN from intervening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this link. I went on to the blog and enjoyed it so much that I added it to my daily reading. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really funny! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I copied this over to my blog because it was so hilarious. I credited you with the discovery and the original site, too. Thanks!

    My link unfortunately became a joke in itself, though:
    http://www.hobomama.com/2009/10/how-many-midwives-does-it-take-to-screw.html. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...