Monday, March 06, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 635: Sanding the floors

Eric picked up the big floor sander this morning. It took a while to drive there, pick it up, haul it upstairs. I began sanding around 10 am. I did two passes of 120 grit while Eric sanded the edges with an orbital sander.

My dad worked on cutting shelves for the alcove--in which nothing is square! Of course not!

I was hoping to apply finish by the end of the day, but we didn't get that far. I was done with the big floor sander by mid-day. After lunch we only got as far as raising the grain and then had to wait because the floors were taking a while to dry.

In the meantime we did lots of small painting jobs on cupboard doors, shelves, and quarter-rounds.

I had a breech meeting all evening and now am scratching Dio's back while he writes in his journal. Well, Zari just took over and is drawing pictures on his back while he guesses what she is drawing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...