Thursday, March 23, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 652: Zari at the ER, Eric falling off a ladder...what is wrong??

Well today has certainly been interesting. Not in a good way. Zari biked to soccer practice (trams are all closed due to a big strike today). At practice she was dribbling the ball and her knee gave out. At first she thought it was ok, but it started swelling. By time Eric arrived to pick her up, she could hardly walk on it. So she is currently on her way to the children's ER.

And today Eric was climbing down the ladder from the mezzanine and it slipped out from under him! I was just coming up the stairs and heard a huge crash and then some yelling. He's ok but a bit bruised. We have decided to retire that ladder and use our stepladder instead until the stairs are done (next week!).




My dad and I got the other staircase stringer cut, then we tacked both into place and marked each tread with a laser level. Tomorrow we'll build the jig for the router and then cut all of the grooves.

We also refinished the bedroom half of the mezzanine and installed the sliding glass doors in the bathroom. They can both slide in either direction, so you can have the bathroom mostly "closed" or partly "open" to the living room. But you still get plenty of natural light.

Ivy was at an all-day event at the coulee verte, focusing on handicap sports. Eric chaperoned the first half of the day, and I switched with him after lunch. While I was there, we did hand ball, basketball, escrime (fencing), expressive movement, and American football.

While I was chaperoning, I got a message from a midwife attending a breech birth that ended up being a compound breech (hand coming in front of the butt). I and another BWB clinician provided virtual labor support as the birth progressed. I had to apologize for being on the phone--"I have a birth in progress that I'm helping out with!" So my day has certainly not been boring!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...