Monday, May 04, 2020

French quarantine day 46

13,836 steps

Eric is on a Zoom meeting with his department colleagues late in the evening (for us, not for them). This is our new reality.

As much as quarantine seems surreal, the idea of déconfinement (opening up) seems even stranger. It's bizarre how quickly you get used to something that wasn't even imaginable a few months ago. And now...what? We can go outside without papers and ID? We can go to...*gasp*...a park? But there will be too many people!

We got our appointment to pick up our masks, courtesy of the city of Nice. They will be mandatory for a while. I'm not exactly thrilled to have to wear masks--I find them hot and irritating--but I'm willing to do so as we're all doing it together over here. I just hope I don't have to wear one when I'm running. I'm not sure I'd be able to breathe well enough. I should ask the police about that, actually.

This evening Ivy begged, "Can I PLEASE go to bed at 7:30? Please?" Sure! I will not argue with that. Dio seemed really tired, too. He fell asleep this morning while doing school (or rather, avoiding school).

And for fun, a video of Inga dancing to Lindsey Stirling


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...