Saturday, June 06, 2020

French déconfinement day 27

8,764 steps

We did crafts in the morning. We have piles of various craft kits left over from birthdays and Christmases. I'd like to use all the supplies up! I sewed four more face masks for kids' friends.

A storm two days ago washed all sorts of trash onto the beach. We spent the afternoon cleaning up, leaving the driftwood and removing plastic, metal, and anything else potentially harmful for walking on.

The kids built a raft and launched it. They were sad they couldn't find longer pieces of driftwood.




Dio has been complaining that everything is boring. "I don't want to go to the chateau" or "I don't want to go to the beach. It's so boring!" I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Dio, I'm going to repeat that back to you when we're back in Indiana with no beach, no mountains, no fun parks, and bad weather."

Eric and I happened upon a Black Lives Matter protest on our evening walk. So glad to see this movement all the way over here! (Well, glad to see people protesting--not glad that we need the protests in the first place.) The French national pastime is protesting so this is something everyone is used to and good at. "We are all united! We are all in this together! We are all human!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...