Sunday, April 03, 2022

French apartment renovations, Days 466-467: Thunder and lightning, very very frightening (and hail...and birthdays)

Wow, we're in the middle of a hailstorm tonight! Very dramatic.

This weekend was fun and exhausting. Yesterday only Zari had a soccer match. Inga played with a friend for half the day. Ivy and I did birthday party shopping and prep. I was so exhausted that I went into bed to read before 10 pm and I was out soon thereafter.

And today...success! We had a fancy pancake breakfast, instigated by Ivy, complete with fruit salad, whipped cream, raspberries, and maple syrup. I was fasting as usual so I didn't eat anything.

Inga made a miniature stack of pancakes for Dolly and other stuffed animals. Then she ate it with gusto.



Then it was time to make frosting and assemble the birthday cake: a 6-layered rainbow cake with turquoise ombré frosting, covered by white chocolate ivy leaves. It's a semi-repeat of a cake from several years ago.

We were all ready by 2 pm, so we headed up to the chateau carrying 3 bags of food and one very heavy cake. I got lots of remarks about the cake on the way up, from homeless people sheltering under the archways near the Rue Rosetti to tourists speaking broken English.



I let Ivy invite as many people as she wanted. After missing 2 birthday parties in a row due to Covid, she deserved it. And we had a crowd! I thought I had for sure brought too much food, but it was almost all gone by the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...