Wednesday, April 13, 2022

French apartment renovations, Days 476-477: Covid 2.0???

Dio started feeling sick yesterday. He went on a planned outing to a skatepark with Eric. Dio only did 3 little ramps and then felt too sick to continue. And...Zari and I got it this morning. I felt fine until about 11 am, when it hit me suddenly.

As a precaution, Dio and I got tested this morning. He is positive--how did that happen? !? And weirdly enough, I am negative but have symptoms identical to his, as does Zari. I wonder if I have Covid but my viral loads aren't high enough to register, given that I have 2x vaccinations + booster + previous infection less than 3 months ago. 

Anyway, it stinks. Half of us are lying around feeling awful. Well, I'm about medium-awful right now. 

But *before* illness hit me this morning, Eric and I made a trip to the big home improvement store for lumber, drywall, joint compound, and floor leveling granules. We left right when I was starting to feel ill. By time we got home, I helped him get the things inside the hallway but couldn't help carry things upstairs. 

What else happened yesterday? Not a whole lot of renovating, but lots of measuring in anticipation of placing a big order of wood for restoring the ceiling. 

We're still trying to sort out the situation with the compressors and it's really stressing me. We are waiting for a 2nd estimate from a new installer. Ugh. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...