Friday, August 14, 2020

American ??? day 3

11,978 steps 

I have a new computer! I'm still setting everything up but at least I have a whole screen now, instead of a measly little window in the corner.

I baked 4 large loaves of bread (using 2 kg of flour) and a double batch of dark chocolate mint cookies. The extra loaves are in the freezer and should last a week, I hope. Here in the States the only bread we have is disgusting industrial bread. We don't even have one proper bakery with anything resembling real bread. My kids won't eat store-bought bread over here and I totally don't blame them. I'm hoping that I can bake a huge batch of sourdough just once a week. 


I was in the "get things done" mood so I finally hung up Dio's birth quilt in our attic bedroom. I have to find wooden finials for the ends of the rod, but at least the quilt is on display! (Why did it take me so long??) As with Inga's birth quilt, I sent fabric out to friends and family members all over the world. Each person sent back a completed quilt square. I created the large square in the middle and put the whole thing together after Dio's birth. 


I bought myself this print for my birthday present. It's called "Guided By Stars" by Sue Ellen Parkinson. She wrote this about the painting: "It's of Eve, as a grandmother, titled, 'Guided By Stars.' She feels perfectly fine about eating her apple. She's even got an apple seed necklace and apple blossoms in her halo. The snake is her spirit animal and they've become friends." 

I found a super ugly framed artwork at a thrift store--ugly, but the right size. I spray painted the frame gold and the mat black...and it turned out okay. Not bad for a $3 frame. The painting is now hanging near my bed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...