Monday, August 17, 2020

American ??? day 6

First day of school for our family. Public school started a week ago but I wanted to give all of us time to recover from jet lag. Zari and Dio still don't have anything since the school is putting together their books and instructions for distance schooling. Ivy and Inga started with Khan Academy. I'm really impressed with it so far, especially their suggestion that 2-3 hours of schooling per day is more than enough for younger kids. 

I put together a little schedule/checklist as my kids love having something to mark off. (I do, too, since they know what they need to do instead of asking me what to do all day long.) 

After lunch we brought a load of books home from the public library. I'm so glad our library is still open; I've heard a lot of libraries have shut down entirely (including our university library). 


We said goodbye to good friends of ours 2 doors down. They're moving about 45 minutes away to be closer to work. My friend just had baby #7 not quite 2 months ago. Zari cuddled and bounced the baby to sleep. Well done! 



We're sad that they are leaving but there's apparently a new family moving into their house with 4 or 5 kids ages 1-9. So yay! When we moved here, nearly all the houses belonged to people at or well past retirement. All these big old houses, mostly empty, the yards devoid of bikes and sprinklers and snowmen. And now we're seeing more young families move in again. 

....Well...that was exciting! I just chased down a bat and released it outside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...