Tuesday, May 17, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 510: Mud, friends, dinner guests

I had a full morning of work mudding and sanding. I was so dusty that I had to shower. I should have washed my hair, too, because it was still gray when I came out of the shower. So I settled for vacuuming it instead.

I got the washing machine in Le Catamaran leveled and in its final resting spot. It's now awaiting the facade door that will "hide" it.

Zari had a friend over during an afternoon break. They came and took a quick look while I was still up on the scaffolding taping more joints.

I discovered a new app that helps reduce food waste: Too Good To Go. I tried it out at a local grocery store and was pretty pleased with the result (supposed 12 Euro value of perishables for 4 Euros.) I'll keep trying different offers out. I really would love to focus on fruits & veggies only but you typically get "surprise baskets" at the groecery stores, which may include any kind of perishable item, not just produce.

We had dinner guests, which was a lot of fun for the whole family. One is an American, the other Albanian. They were very curious about our family and how we ended up here in France. I made split pea soup (comfort food from when I was a kid) and tiramisu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...