Thursday, July 07, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 561: First day or renting and Last day of school

I handed off the Catamaran keys this morning. Definitely satisfied to close one chapter of this crazy renovation saga.

Then I constripted my two teenagers into helping in the front apartment. We moved one of the wood piles over several feet and then did a big clean-up of the peripheral areas that will be filled with a cement mixture (these were areas too shallow for the subfloor and granules).

Once that was finished, I sent them upstairs for lunch while I treated two pieces of furniture for woodworm: the Renaissance desk that you've seen before and this new throne/chair that we found for 50 Euros. It's pretty cool and is in good shape except for a missing finial. This will be the chair for the Renaissance desk. 


I had some breech work to catch up on after lunch, and then a meeting at 3 pm. That took me up to school pickup time. Eric got the kids while I brought Zari to pick up her retainer. I also returned a microwave that I had bought for the Catamaran; it was 2 cm too deep! I found another compact one that fit perfectly.

Then...fun! It was the last day of school for Ivy and Inga. Several families met at the beach for a picnic dinner. I picked up pizzas and fruit. The water is so warm that I almost want it colder now! Water temps are 24C at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...