Sunday, July 10, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 564: I can't think of a title for today

I was up (involuntarily) at 5:45 am. Why can't I sleep later? I'm definitely not well-rested enough at that ungodly hour.

We took it easy today. Not too much cleaning or packing. We watched the new Star Trek series and went for a quick swim at the late afternoon. Lots of jellyfish today. Eric got one and brought it onto the shore to be buried. I tried to catch a second one but couldn't quite get it. And then Ivy got stung by a third one! 

Eric let Ivy and Inga stay up to watch the women's France-Italy match. By halftime, France was ahead 5-0 and the girls were giddy with excitement. Then we put them to bed. 

I have gone through several cleaning lists. It's so satisfying to condense them into new lists that keep getting shorter. Our goal is to get everything cleaned and packed tomorrow so Tuesday can be more laid-back. Tuesday will be dedicated to washing all of the bedding and linens and making all the beds in the evening.

A family commissioned Zari to do a drawing of them. She finished it this morning, just in time for our departure! Here are some extreme close-ups. I am amazed at her ability to recreate details and to mimic reality with uncanny precision. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...