Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Recovering

6,999 steps

I must be on the mend--I pulled weeds and trimmed tree branches this afternoon. I don't think I could have done that yesterday. My body still feels "off" and I'm definitely more fatigued than usual.

Ivy helped me unpack 4 more boxes. We hung up almost all of our entry hall and library pictures--all of our family pictures over the years. It definitely feels more like home with those back up. (Our "wall of shame" has more photos up now--these house photos are from several years ago).

After lunch I told the kids that they had to go outside for an hour. Lots of groaning and eye rolling from Zari and Dio, while Ivy was more than eager. I pulled out our stomp rockets and kite and helped them hook up the sprinkler. I couldn't tear Zari away from her comfy perch on the front porch (with a book, of course), but Dio and Ivy had lots of fun playing in the water and seeing how high they could make the rockets go. (And spraying me on occasion, which felt amazing.)

Ivy helped me make cookies. I like making them but I don't really care for eating them. The kids take care of that for me.

I found this metal plaque that Eric's parents gave us before we left for France in 2020. I chose a spot for it on the front porch.
Zari had her first high school soccer practice today (after testing negative). She was by far the best player. Now she just needs to increase her confidence and agressiveness, since she could dominate if she wanted to.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...