Thursday, June 02, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 526: Telephone purgatory and a BIG DAY for Zari

I have been on hold for at least 2 hours today trying to do a wire transfer from my US bank. Why is it so hard?!?

So the big news about Zari: she took the high-speed train to Paris *by herself* to meet up with my sister! She was both excited and apprehensive. I would be, too, if I were 15 and heading across the country by myself. I saw her onto the train, hugged her goodbye, and then walked away. Phew.


The train had wifi--we are spoiled nowadays--so she was able to send me updates along her way. She loved going fast. 320 km/hr to be exact!


We had a few minutes of figuring out how to help my sister locate Zari in the enormous train station in Paris, but it all worked out.


They visited the Musée d'Orsay and probably had a delicious dinner somewhere.




Ivy took over Zari's bedroom and then Inga wanted to sleep there, too. We negotiated that they would take turns.

I worked until mid-afternoon on a twin home birth paper. Then I did something very unpleasant: suited up in full protective gear (covered head to toe, wrists and ankles, gloves, plus a Darth Vader style respirator) and sprayed woodworm treatment on all the wood we will be using to rebuild the Renaissance ceiling. I was 80% done when it was school pickup time.

I hoped to go to the beach but then I got stuck in telephone purgatory. It's after 10 pm and I'm on hold AGAIN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...