Friday, June 24, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 548: Street sounds


I had a brief afternoon pause and noticed all of the interesting sounds coming into our apartment:
- cello player practicing somewhere on our street
- Eric sanding downstairs
- people talking as they walk past or sit in a nearby cafe
- airplane flying overhead, on its way to land in the airport


I love how this captures life here so well. Notice the lack of any car noises!

I got the sanding done this morning and then started on touching up little holes and dents. When I went back in the afternoon, I had entirely lost my motivation and stood there for a while, feeling overwhelmed. There's still so much to do and not very much time left until we leave.

Zari is officially getting her braces off next week. Just in time. She'll have a retainer for the next year or so.

I took Ivy and her friend to the beach after school, but the waves were way too big. Parts of the beach were marked "drapeau rouge" (red flag), which means you aren't supposed to swim. So as an alternative, we went to the splash pad. I got wet since I already had my swimming suit on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...