Tuesday, June 07, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 531: Lots of work, little to show

7,679 steps

Do you ever have days where you work hard but nothing looks different at the end of the day? That was my day. We did lots of cleanup (so I suppose "less dust" is one net change), sanding, wall vacuuming, and miscellaneous wall patching. I was a dusty, sandy, sweaty mess by the end of the day.

I thought about showering, but it was at school pickup time. So instead, I went swimming in the sea! Much more fun than a regular shower. Ivy spotted two jellyfish and was very reluctant to swim. She and I went in for a little while, but she wouldn't let me swim on my own without her to spot the jellyfish. She was so concerned for me. I kept telling her, "Don't worry. I'm an adult! I'll watch out for jellyfish."

I'm creating a version of our breech training program for the Amish (all print materials, no videos). We've had a number of Amish students who watched our courses at an "English" friend's house. However, some are in strict enough groups that even this is not allowed. So we're finding workarounds 🙂 Not as ideal as seeing the videos but it's better than no training at all.

Comrade helped us find a lawyer for our AC situation, someone he was worked with several times in the past. I have to assemble our dossier for our meeting next Monday. What fun...

Oh, and a complication with our visas. We are renewing our 1-year visitor's visa, which we've done most years without any issue. We submitted the same documents for both of our applications. My renewal was approved and Eric's was denied! I had to spend several hours updating all of his documents and resubmitting. Argh. This makes no sense at all.

Zari is having some buyer's remorse about the 3 main subjects she had to choose for French high school next year. Frankly, I think she'd be feeling this no matter which 3 she chose. I keep reminding her that she will have plenty of options available to her in the US school system and in whatever university she chooses to go to. It's not permanent. It's just 3 specialities that she'll be focusing on for the next 2 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...