Wednesday, June 15, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 539: The Energizer Bunny has dead batteries

8,360 steps

I have colleauges who call me the Energizer Bunny. But tonight, I lost my charge completely. I ate dinner and started feeling completely kaput and nauseated within a few minutes. So I've mostly been lying down on the couch this evening.

Before that, my day was busy comme d'habitude.

The first thing in the morning: a visit from yet another AC installer, this one recommended by the attorney. (We have been waiting for 6 weeks for the estimate from the last installer who came!) He was good and also properly horrified to see some of the poorly done things. I really, really want to get all of this sorted out quickly.

I mixed up 2 more batches of wall smoothing compound. It's not quite the same as pre-mixed, but at 1/3 the price I'm okay with that. Once it dries, we'll sand it with a power sander hooked up to a vaccum. Some people can get it perfectly smooth with their blades but I've never been able to do that. So I accept that there will be slight ridges and bumps because they'll sand out.



I also taped, caulked, and primed the new framing in the little Catamaran windows. I also started doing the exterior finish framing on the French doors. And then, since we have a guest arriving tonight, I did a final cleanup.

And in the middle of all that, the usual soccer & grocery shopping.

Eric will be very busy the next few days helping out at a big James Baldwin conference. He's been way too stressed about it and sleeping poorly the last few weeks. Let's hope that changes after this weekend.

I happened upon the 3 girls this morning, all reading quietly. Dio would probably have joined them, but he was at school.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...