Monday, June 20, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 544: Smoothing, sanding, and swimming

5,539 steps

I finished applying wall smoothing compound by this afternoon! I surprised myself at getting it done today. I thought for sure that it would take at least one more full day.

The next big step is sanding it all down so it looks flat and smooth. It won't ever look like new drywall, but it will be vast improvement on what was there before.

Eric started sanding in the late afternoon. Even with the vacuum attached to the power sander, it generated a lot of dust. I taped plastic over all of the interior staircase windows so we don't have to worry about dust getting into the common areas.

Zari helped me after lunch: she hooked up all 14 spot lights in the kitchen, entry hall, and downstairs WC. And they all worked! It's exciting, and a bit nervewracking, to flip the switch for the first time. Will they turn on?

Eric was hoping to change our car's glowplugs today, but we need an extra-long 10mm ratchet. What...we don't have the right tool? How is that possible?

I was super sweaty and dusty and covered with dried-up bits of smoothing compound. An after-school swim was perfect. Ivy came with her friend, and eventually Zari joined us just in time for me to go home for a meeting. Eric went treasure hunting but only found garbage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...