Tuesday, June 14, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 538: Meet Zari, my electrical apprentice

6,984 steps

Zari helped me most of the morning. I started her off applying wall smoothing compound, but she struggled to apply it. (HOnestly I thought she did pretty well, given it was her first time.) So I switched her to an easier job: electricity! She trimmed conduits, stripped wires, and put Wago connectors on all of the lights underneath the mezzanine (mostly spots). I applied the smoothing compound.

I sent her upstairs once she had finished all of the wires. It was fun to have a work companion. Then I started finish framing the two small windows in the closet in Le Catamaran. I know you'll never see them, since there's a storage shelf that mostly covers them up...but I hate to leave something undone. By the end of the day, I had all of the trim pieces in place.

I also re-set the kitchen sink. The silicone failed to adhere the first time, so I used super-duper-strong floor glue in the inner part and then silicone for waterproofing along the edge. It should hold.

We had a huissier de justice come to our building to verify all of the issues with the AC installation; they will then file some kind of official legal document attesting to all of the discrepancies between the estimate and the actual installation.

I was very excited when it was school pickup time...because that means swimming time! I joined Eric, Ivy, and her friend at the beach. We can't have more perfect weather: highs right around 27°C/80°F, lows around 21°C/70°F. The water is refreshing. Not cold at all, but not so warm that you feel like you're swimming in a lukewarm bathtub.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...