Sunday, January 10, 2021

French renovations, Day 20: Rest!

9,090 steps 

It’s so nice to have a day off from renovating. I slept in (for a half-hour) and read in bed for another hour. I made sourdough bread, tarte au chocolat, and sausages & fennel roasted with mustard, thyme, & red wine. I went on a walk with just Eric. I even got some breech work done. 

This evening I videochatted with a colleague (breech workshop attendee)-turned-friend who, like me, is going through a faith transition. It’s so refreshing to have someone to talk with who understands what it’s like. 

The kids did homework, read books, played card games, made random things out of cereal boxes, and did origami. 

We talked with both sets of grandparents. My parents are very keen on the renovation details. They were hoping to come help us renovate this winter...until Covid interfered. They’re planning on coming as soon as they are able to travel here. 

We spoke to the Communist apartment guy—let’s call him Comrade. He’s going to get in touch tomorrow about bringing his dumpster truck. He gave us useful hints on how to store the plaster/concrete debris (against the load-bearing walls, not in the middle of the floor) and how to bag it (get the reusable construction waste bags). He’s not going to charge us anything for the truck; we just have to pay for the disposal fees. Thank you, Comrade! 

For your enjoyment, here’s a picture of me in my usual work attire. Respirator, bandana, and gloves are mandatory. Safety goggles and earplugs when indicated.



1 comment:

  1. I’d love to hear more about your faith transition, Rixa, although I recognize it may be too personal to share.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...