Saturday, October 29, 2022

Sunny Saturday

5,815 steps

Another idyllic fall day. Very chilly first thing in the morning, but glorious by midday. I took my sweater off and basked in my tank top!

Zari and I biked to three different thrift stores downtown while Eric was away at a soccer match with Ivy and Inga. She decided that she wanted to be a mage for Halloween and had some ideas for a costume. So we visited several stores in hopes of finding some fabrics that we could turn into...something.

No luck for costume fabrics, but we did find her a very nice winter ski parka and a button-down shirt for dressier occasions. I also found myself a shirt and a sweater. 


Ivy and Inga's team won 13-7, with Inga scoring 9 goals and Ivy 2!

When Eric's parents were here last week, they brought the diamond willow walking sticks that we had been working on in Alberta Canada 4 1/2 years ago! Zari spent much of the afternoon on the porch steps whittling off more of the bark. It will be her mage's staff. She wanted to put a large crystal or gemstone on the top of the staff, but alas none of our local thrift stores had anything that would work.

After this lovely afternoon in the sun, we went to a chili cookoff contest / trunk or treat party. Eric and I dressed up as normal people, but the kids all had their full costumes on. I made a white chicken chili because that's what I had on hand. There were 12 different chilis, some with venison, some with homegrown peppers.

We had one more thrifft store to visit after this party. I found a pattern that was perfect for what Zari had in mind (with some alterations, of course, but I always end up altering patterns). She kept me company in the attic while I laid out the patterns, cut out the front and back, and sewed the darts. Then it was time for bed.

I'll have a busy day sewing tomorrow, in time for her 16th BIRTHDAY on Monday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...