Wednesday, April 08, 2020

French quarantine day 20

10,815 steps

Today's featured crafting material: aluminum foil! Dio built armor for his stuffed animal. Zari made a tree and Inga built spirals around marbles. The kids also hammered foil into cubes, balls, and coins.





On our evening walk, we were near the port when it turned 8 pm. The boats all began blasting their horns, adding a nice accompaniment to the people clapping and cheering.


Using salvaged materials from the apartment below, I repaired our broken daybed. (I bought a compound miter saw at Lidl yesterday when we were grocery shopping. It's so nice to have a power saw after 5+ years of cutting everything by hand!)

Ivy and Inga have become fascinated with making a Maleficent costume. We watched tutorials on how to build a pair of wings and how to do makeup and fake ears. Inga drew me a picture of what she wanted. I hate having to tell them, "I'm sorry; I don't have any of the right supplies."

Now if you REALLY want to get grossed out...look at these last 4 pictures. These are before & after pictures from when Ivy and I cleaned the back room in the communist apartment. Ugh, so much mold and disgusting unidentified substances!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...