Wednesday, April 29, 2020

French quarantine day 41

15,146 steps

I've been reading piles of "brain candy" books--you know, the kind of escapist books you read on vacation where it's all about plot and there's a happy ending and/or lots of adventures/magic/romance/paranormal stuff.

But I've also managed to read some "healthy" books, too.

A few days ago I finished Michelle Obama's Becoming. Beautifully written.

This evening I finished The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif. It took a while for me to figure out what the author was doing. And it's one I could only read so much of at a time. Still, a great read.

Last week I read Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have read a book about a global pandemic (this one with a 99+% mortality rate) while living through a global pandemic.

This reminds me of other pandemic books I've read:
Blindness by José Saramago
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

Craft of the day: constructing a skate park out of cereal boxes. We have a ginormous ramp, a rail, and something that looks like a tipi and I'm not sure what it's supposed to be.

I didn't take a picture but here are some of our foam carvings.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...