Tuesday, April 21, 2020

French quarantine day 33

8,476 steps

Gray with some sprinkles of rain. Pre-coronavirus, this weather would have caused the locals to leave the parks and beaches. We, on the other hand, would stay and enjoy having the space all to ourselves.

Thank you to our friend/neighbor who brought us a bag of puzzles and games! We did one of the puzzles and played Twister.


Zari and I lifted weights today. Tomorrow is our running/sprinting day. I am a really mean mama and make Zari push herself. She doesn't enjoy it while it's happening, but I also see an emerging sense of accomplishment. She also likes having something that's just for her and me.

I took Dio all around Old Nice and beyond, looking for good places to do tricks on his scooter. Ironically, the very best place is the Place Rosetti, right around the corner!

We spoke with my parents today about their long-term plans. My dad retired last year and my mom will retire as soon as she can find a replacement (she's a Suzuki violin teacher and doesn't want to leave her students stranded). We want them to come live with us for 3 months/year here in France.

But back in the States, we also have an old carriage house that we'd like to turn into a 1-bedroom apartment. This would allow my parents to live close to grandkids and have their own space, but also have a bigger place (our main house) for family gatherings. They're going to think about it.

In other words...lots of DIY renovation projects in our future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...