Tuesday, April 14, 2020

French quarantine day 26

9,605 steps

Yesterday and today were lazy days. I had grand intentions of running and weightlifting and instead...I didn't.

After school time, the kids raided my fabric box. Inga made 2 little pouches, Ivy made a tiny pillow for her dollhouse furniture, and Dio made a megalodon tooth. Zari was busy reading all day.



The kids seemed unusually energetic--either they were having way too much fun and being completely crazy, or they were arguing. Either way, Eric and I both feel a bit overwhelmed from it all.

During our daily exercise, Eric played soccer with the 3 youngest and Zari came along on my normal walking route. When it's just the two of us, Zari turns super chatty. Today we talked about a book we were both reading and about Zari's increasing appreciation for our life over here. Other days we might talk about politics, body image, social injustices, race/class privilege, or even more mundane things like dealing with zits and body odor. We also do fun things like chase lizards or coo over cute dogs we pass.

I brought a large container of yeast over from the US (I've never found bulk yeast sold here in France). Sadly, it is hardly active at all. I'm going to try doubling or tripling it in my recipes. But in the meantime, we took our under-performing bread dough and made naan instead!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...