Thursday, February 17, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 422: Gourdon & Cagnes-sur-Mer

14,697 steps

We had a family excursion today. I wanted to find something new for us to explore with my cousin. Turns out it was amazing! We first drove up to the perched medieval village of Gourdon, an hour outside of Nice. I had no idea it even existed before this week! It sits on an outcropping almost 800 meters above the valley below and is breathtaking.

I found a hike that started in Gourdon and it, too, turned out just perfect. It was short (6 km) with a decent elevation gain (300 m). Enough that it felt like a hike, rather than a stroll, but not too much for my cousin who doesn't like hiking in general. And it gave us an amazing view of Gourdon from the mountains above.



Then we finished the day with a visit to another medieval village: Cagnes-sur-Mer, specifically Le Haut-de-Cagnes. We visited the Grimaldi Museum, which is in a castle on the highest part of the village. We got home with plenty of time for my 5 pm Zoom meeting and even another episode of Raising Dion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...