Saturday, February 26, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 431: Soccer marathon & friend DIY

Okay, some days are just too much. Poor Eric was shepherding kids all day from one game to another, including coaching one of the games. He took the car, and I helped with anything that involved trams or walking.

In the afternoon, I helped out a friend who is renovating his apartment. There was an area of subfloor that had become rotten and springy due to water damage. It didn't help that the subfloor had originally been sloppily cantilevered and so there was just a big void with nothing supporting it. So repairing it was an engineering challenge. But we prevailed. By the end of the afternoon, I left him with a solid support in that area.

Ivy got treated out to a milkshake at a shop on the main floor of their building. Then both she and Inga got to tag along to a party at the sailing club where my friend's kids take sailing lessons. They ate bugnes (a sort of fried cookie eaten during Carnaval).



At some point, 3 of my kids were at his house while I was helping, but never all at the same time. Like I said, it was a complicated day!

I cleaned up my cousin's apartment after our baseboard installation. She was gone for a few days visiting areas in Provence.



Eric and I found time to go on a walk this evening, very much needed time to reconnect after this last week and especially the last few days.

And just because, a random video of Inga's eyeball, as viewed through a magnifying glass and filmed by Zari.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...