Monday, February 28, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 433: Electricity and park therapy

14,264 steps I wired and plastered more of the kitchen electrical today. One wall is all installed (awaiting the backsplash tiles before putting the outlet boxes in) and another wall is ready for drywall (the wall isn't square, so we're going to square it off and drywall all in one step).


Eric started cleaning off the wooden ceiling. After we visited the Grimaldi Museum last week, we realized that Renaissance painted ceilings were gorgeous and that we didn't necessarily have to sandblast the ceiling. Don't get me wrong; I'd love to have a bare wood ceiling, but we have a lot of missing pieces of molding and trim and it will be next to impossible to match the grain, color, and patina of 500-year-old wood.


So a painted ceiling it is, complete with stencils and other fun ornamentation. I'm thinking a beautiful dark green with a muted gold as the accent...but that's a long way off.

I met up with a friend at the park and had a nice long talk. I told her, "Thanks for the therapy! I needed it." I've been so busy that I haven't seen much of my friends other in passing. And I realize that I need to not neglect that part of my life. Renovations will always be there when I get back.

Eric made escargots, broccoli, and pasta with sun-dried tomato and bacon. It was a "what's in the fridge?" dinner but turned out great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...