Friday, February 25, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 430: In the driver's seat

I drove a car for the first time since...November 2020. Woah. I'm not a fan of driving here and even less enthustiastic about trying to find a parking spot. So I let Eric do the driving--except when he can't.

Tonight he was off playing soccer and Dio needed to be picked up from soccer practice (north of Nice) and dropped off at a movie theater (west of Nice). I forgot to bring dinner for Dio, so we found something to eat next to the movie theater at Steak and Shake, which I thought was hilarious becuase I've never been to one in the US. I manged to find a parking spot, although I'm double parked and need to be sure my phone is on in case someone needs to leave.

My cousin was away today, so we installed the baseboards in her apartment. Because there are very few places with wood studs, you generally glue baseboards in place. The problem is, the walls are also not entirely straight or even so there are gaps that are hard to close. We did our best with a combination of weights, screws, and scraps of wood providing tension from one side of the wall to the other.

If I have time, I'll caulk tomorrow. If not, well, we'll get to it...later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...