Tuesday, March 01, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 434: Why won't the wires work?

6,984 steps

It's super late and I've been going all day and I just need to stop. I wired a lot more of the apartment, and now we're about 75% done! After a morning of writing, Eric started working on the wood ceiling restoration. Since we've decided to paint rather than sandblast, we're able to use various wood scraps to rebuild the moldings.

Ivy and Inga were so excited for school today because they were celebrating Carnaval and got to wear their costumes. Good thing I had those fancy Halloween costumes.

I have a mysterious electrical short in Le Catamaran on a circuit with just one outlet, a dedicated outlet for the washing machine. No other connections, just a straight shot from the breaker to the outlet. And it's not working and we can't figure out why! It stopped mid-cycle today.

I've tried all of the things short of testing all of the points of departure and origin with my multimeter. Checked the breaker and turned it on and off, replaced the outlet, etc etc etc. I worry that somehow there's a short in one of the wires (although I can't imagine how that would have happened). I hate it when things don't work and we can't figure out the reason.

And...Inga turns 11 tomorrow! I baked her a cake and will frost and decorate tomorrow. We have so much prep to do before her birthday party this weekend. One thing at a time. Tonight the kids made chocolate frogs.

Dinner was panang curry with pork, cauliflower, carrots, & onions, served with rice. Dessert was plain yogurt with a choice of jams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...