Sunday, January 30, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 404: Picnic with friends

15,152 steps

Today was less eventful than last Sunday (getting propositioned). We picniced at the Chateau with Inga's friend and her family and some of their relatives. My cousin came along too, plus a friend of Ivy's. It was glorious to sit in the sun, bask, and talk.

Once the sun got lower on the horizon and the trees shaded the grassy field, we headed home. Eric made salad and pasta. I read a book. After dinner we finished the final episode of Lupin.

Eric and I had a long talk last night about some of our worries/stresses/regrets/doubts regarding our kids. Are we raising them right? We've seen some changes that we don't like, noteably arguing and mean behavior between the kids. I know there is probably no family without these kinds of disputes, but still I don't want to just let it continue. How can we raise children to be more empathetic? To be kinder? (I'm not implying that they're monsters, not at all! But I think if you're a parent, you'll understand this worry.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...