Saturday, January 01, 2022

French apartment renovations, Days 375: Toothpaste blues

We ran out of toothpaste this morning before anyone but me could brush their teeth. I usually have a stock of toothpaste, but that too had been depleted. And on a major holiday in France, nothing is open. I walked all over: no grocery stores, no pharmacies. Even the huge Carrefour was closed. I managed to find a tiny epicerie in the afternoon that was open; my next choice would have been looking up the "pharmacie de garde" because by law there always has to be a pharmacy open somewhere off-hours. Bad breath crisis averted.

It was overcast today. We thought of doing an outdoor activity, but the lack of sun made me go "nah, another time." Inga went to a friend's house, Ivy invited a friend over, and we made Zari and Dio go outside for an hour. They moaned and groaned but eventually went out and had a good time. Eric went spearfishing and caught a dorade and an octopus.

I did some work on the 2021 breech research update and hemmed two curtains for Le Catamaran. Also painted 6 shelves. I've found myself a bit wanting for projects to work on--small enough projects that I can do them up here, rather than down in the Communist apartment. I like having something I can work on with my hands but still be involved with others. Some people do knitting or crocheting, but alas I've never really figured those out.

I was super hungry today. I let my body eat as much as it wanted, when it wanted. Tomorrow I'll resume my normal intermittent fasting.

We finished the last two episodes of The Flash, Season 5. Zari is constantly yelling at the screen: "Come on! Too much drama! That's ridiculous!"

Eric and I went on an evening walk, the first in a long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...