Thursday, January 06, 2022

French apartment renovations, Days 370 & 380: Unmotivated

6,593 steps

I did not want to work on the communist apartment today. I just wanted to lie on the couch and read a book. But...I made myself keep at it. Today we cut and installed the counterop, then cut the hole for the induction cooktop and got it hooked up. It actually works!!! It should, but there's always that awful moment of suspension when you flip the circuit breaker and hit the power button for the first time.



If we can get everything prepped quickly tomorrow morning, the plan is to tile the backsplash. I have to paint the backsplash area with this special primer (primaire d'accrochage) so that might put us back a bit. But we could start cutting tiles while it's drying.

Ivy had to get tested for Covid today since one of her soccer teammates tested positive. I have a feeling we'll be doing lots of testing in the near future. 261,000 new cases today.

Dio came home from school frustrated and stressed over a Spanish assignment involving a lot of memorization, due tomorrow. I'm proud of him, though; he got to work and had everything memorized by the end of the evening. He was also disappoined over a bad grade he got in art class becuase he misunderstood the assignment.

Apparently there are lots of kids missing from his class; 5 have already tested positive for Covid.

I had a podcast interview about breech birth this evening; I'll post a link when it's ready. I am doing another podcast interview this weekend. Good thing I never get tired talking about breech 🙂

Also I found a short video from New Year's Eve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...