Thursday, December 21, 2023

Better late than never?

Our heat pump guy finally came to do the stuff he had promised to finish in JULY. He didn't finish everything but he made good progress, and we finally have heat in our whole apartment.

I did a really short HIIT exercise thing. I probably should have done more but some days I have to give myself points for trying.

Eric and I went to look at a salvaged door that we may use as the "new" front door in Le Chateau, but ultimately we decided not to buy it. We'd have to cut it down to fit the opening, and we couldn't be entirely sure what was underneath the layer of veneer. It definitely was super heavy and super solid, but the rest was unknown. It's super frustrating having a door frame that is a non-standard size. I suspect we'll end up making our own as a custom-made door is crazy expensive even for the not-at-all-fancy options.

I had a breech birth debrief later on in the day. And I just received a lovely note in my work inbox about a woman who had a lovely physiological breech birth at a hospital we trained a few months ago.

I don't feel like it's Christmas in just a few days. My brain is just catching up with our international move. Once I start making Lebkuchen, which is a holiday tradition, maybe it feel feel more real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...